Monday 27 May 2013

Autumn Sunshine & Reading


After a grim weekend, it's nice to see some sunshine out on the last of the golden leaves in the garden.   Before settling down with a cup of tea, I thought about which book to flick through.  Here are my current thoughts:

Gone to Earth - Mary Webb
In Youth is Pleasure - Denton Welch
A Natural History of the Senses - Diane Ackerman
The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
Lady into Fox - David Garnett
Raven's Brood - E.F. Benson
Lolly Willowes - Sylvia Townsend Warner

I'm sure the sun won't last, so make the most of it while we can, and then we can just face the music.  And dance!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Any post tagged "autumn books inspiration melancholy reading sunshine tea" does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a dimwit, I was thinking 'how did you know I chose those tags?'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo you took is lovely! It makes me picture you scriggling around in the grass like a worm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...